Autumn is almost here and here at Bedfords we slowly start to see the trees give us more fruit year on year. We expect roughly double from last year!
Just so you all know there will be workdays running every Saturday in September and no doubt into October. Here is what we'll be getting up to:
- Transplanting plants that have multiplied vigorously into new areas before winter arrives.
- Cutting back the last of the summer growth
- Sheet mulching in preparation for putting in next year's ground cover.
- Planting the last few groundcovers from our nursery before winter arrives
- Weeding and mulching the hugel bed
- Making a path on the bed next to the hugel bed
If this inerests you please drop in anytime from 11:00am - 4:00pm where you will be greeted by volunteer gnome Ian who is leading the next two workdays - best of luck to him!
Please note there is no lunch time meal provided so please bring your own lunch. Hot drinks, tools and autumn optimism provided)
Hope to see you there or somewhere,